Quantitative Software Consultant (QSC)
We are looking for a technical and analytically minded candidate to join our team. This person should have a strong computer science background, with coding skills in R and/or Python, and be able to work directly with clients.
This is an entry level position with a tremendous opportunity for growth. As a QSC, you will work directly with our clients and demonstrate the best solutions for the customer. You will utilize strong technical skills to build complex data calculations and workflows tailored to the customer’s requirements.
What you will be doing
- Provide direct specialized customer service support to analysts, researchers, and quants at the world’s largest and most prominent investment firms, banks and hedge funds
- Assist clients in understanding, extracting and correct usage of using the My Data Outlet platform for their back-testing models
- Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and data functionality, and work with internal and external parties including vendors through to resolution
- Build and foster relationships with existing clients through training, client meetings, and implementation support
- Meet with prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and assist in the onboarding of new business
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Finance
- Strong coding skills in R and/or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and Microsoft SQL coding experience
- Experience in quantitative analytics / equity research / equity or financial modeling
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with QA Direct, FactSet, or Clarifi a plus
- Experience with financial data such as Compustat, Worldscope, IDC, MSCI a plus
- 0-3 years experience
My Data Outlet creates software solutions for investment professionals. Our clients are Asset Managers that want to develop investment models using open source software with efficient data management. We are located in downtown Chicago.
To apply for the position please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.